VAS Technical SupervisorPopular
VAS Technical Supervisor
• Provide L1 & L2 level maintenance support for all VAS network elements.
• Implement project related activities within the VAS setup
• Implement rollout change requirements including but not limited to Short code changes, USSD service codes, SMS routing requests and other service requests on the VAS platforms
• To deliver new services and improve on existing services
• Provide clear communication through presentations or other informal sessions to business stakeholders on issues related to the VAS setup
• Engage vendors and other departments in resolution of issues
• Participate in knowledge transfer sessions to other VAS team members
• Monitor the performance of VAS system vendors during 3rd level issue escalation and provide necessary feedback to management regarding performance and propose ideas for improvement of standards
• Provide input and ideas into the assessment of technical feasibility of new products or service propositions from the Business Unit
• Timely incident handling and coordinate with system vendors for prompt resolution Perform regular monitoring of VAS systems to ensure alarms are attended to or escalated and resolved timeously.
• Ensure accurate planning and adherence to project schedules, manage internal and external teams and communicate status to all stakeholders
• Provides technical leadership and/or business expertise to subordinates and peers on technical complexities of assigned projects Participates in the evaluation of new and existing software products.
• Provide corrective and preventive maintenance to VAS platforms.
• Perform periodical trend analysis and produce reports related to network faults with suggestions to help improve VAS platforms.Perform testing, debugging, troubleshooting and deployment of applications/services to ensure their quality.
• Review and update training manuals for new or modified equipment, operating systems and software.
• University degree in telecommunications or computer science5+ years’ technical experience in Telecom industry
• Able to extract implementation requirements and details from a high level request description
• Able to do follow up and communicate feedback effectively
• Experience with working with trouble ticketing systems
• Presentation & Communication skills
• Knowledge sharing Unix/Linux/Solaris system administration skills Shell and DB SQL scripting Databases : MySQL, Oracle and MSSQL
• Good knowledge in GSM, SS7, SIGTRAN, SIP, TCP/IP, Diameter, SMPP, Web service Ability to work independently, with a sense of urgency and integrity.
• Ability to work under stress, and with tight timelines
• Creative, flexible, able to use own initiative to solve problems
• Knowledge in Oracle Database and IP transmission Experience in handling 3G support projects Proven VAS experience in VAS platforms
• Excellent in oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated stable proven Planning skills.
• Independent and with good work attitude with high level of integrity
|Qualifications||University degree in telecommunications or computer science5+ years’ technical experience in Telecom industry|
|Experience||Knowledge in Oracle Database and IP transmission Experience in handling 3G support projects Proven VAS experience in VAS platforms|
|Deadline||after 2 weeks|